WKID!

11.3.05

A blunt knife is useless and so is Greg, therefore Greg is a blunt knife

As my statistics professor used to say:
There's lies, damned lies and statistics.

No idea if this was his own invention or not. Probably not.

Anyway, Bruce Schneier's found another pearl. Apparently, you can't get a high security clearance in the Israeli army if you're into D&D. Sigh. I think everyone will agree that this is a bit stupid. I'm sure my statistics professor could drum a statistically significant correlation to this in a few seconds.

The problem is that the number of reasons that this is wrong is as long as my arm, but anyone with half a brain could come up with counter arguments too. I thought the Israelis were pretty smart - and maybe they are.

However, although there may be no direct correlation between these two things, maybe it's as good a measure as you need. And that's a little scary.


PS. Greg is a guy I went to school with years ago who one day got compared to a blunt knife. And the rest is history.

1 Comments:

  • It sure seems to me that Bruce's pearl is not quite genuine - well rather as genuine as one of the 'supermarket tabloids' the US public loves.

    To evaluate the IDF based on this source is hardly valid - although seemingly good sport.

    By Blogger Stuart Berman, at 8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home