WKID!

3.3.05

Remote home surveillance

Here's another one for the "how useful is it really?" department.

Telstra in Australia are working on a new product called Business Secure. It allows you to monitor your home or business remotely via the internet or your mobile. More fodder for the paranoia, I say.

I don't see this as a useful surveilance tool. I suspect anyone able to afford it and set up to use it (i.e. with security staff) will already have dedicated resources and cameras in place. SMEs will probably only use it reactively.

That said, if my wife wants to ask me if she should where the blue or the red dress, I can at least give her a slightly more informed opinion ;-) Although I dare say she'd eventually object to the cameras! Maybe my bosses could set one up outside the stationery cupboard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home